Mend Your Marriage with
Take the Pathway that Leads to a
Happier, Less Conflicted, and More
Loving Marriage Relationship
Phase One: Information Gathering
A. Testing the Waters (Week 1)
B. Learning About the Nature of Your Relationship (Week 1)
- Call me, Dr. Ken Newberger, for a FREE consultation to discuss your situation. My direct line is 239-689-4266. Or, schedule a time to talk by clicking the blue "Contact" button on the bottom of this page.
- Initial Joint Session. We will schedule an introductory meeting. I will ask each of you some questions to learn more about you and your situation and confirm that my area of expertise in resolving conflict matches your needs. This session will also give both of you an opportunity to assess your comfort level with me.
- Prior to the meeting I will email you a copy of the ground rules to read that is to be signed at the beginning of the meeting. Click here to type-in your contact information in the pop-up box.
- Cost: $95 for the initial session lasting up to one hour
- Prepare/Enrich Couple Assessment Report. This unsurpassed diagnostic instrument captures in-depth information about the major facets of your relationship. Like an x-ray into your relationship, the results promptly reveal what would otherwise take weeks if not months to accurately learn, saving you time and money. This tool has been administered to over 3 million couples (6 million people). I have been a certified facilitator since 1988. The assessment will take you about 35-45 minutes to complete online. Click here after you receive your code. You will pay: (a) $35 directly to Life Innovations once you are logged in. (b) I will study and analyze the results of your 24-page computer generated report.
- Confidential Questionnaires. You will complete a specially crafted questionnaire for couples experiencing problems in their relationship. You will each provide information about your respective backgrounds and perspective on the relationship. This may take you an hour or two to complete. You will be answering questions you likely have never been asked before, the answers to which provide real insight into what is going on between the two of you. After you send your thoughtful responses back to me, I will study and analyze what you each wrote.
- Couple's Conflict Analysis Tool. This tool assesses your relationship in four ways. (1) It looks at how secure (strong) or insecure (weak) your relational bond is. If it is insecure, what does the pattern of disconnect look like? Understanding the pattern of the disconnect helps identify where to begin the repair; (2) It reviews your past attachments with significant others in your life, helping to identify longstanding patterns; (3) It brings to light the way each of you approach the relationship with respect to conflict; (4) It looks at the impact your fighting has on each of you, particularly emotionally. After payment is made using the button below, you will automatically be transferred to the appropriate web page. You can begin answering the questions at that time, or write down the web address and return to it later. I will study and analyze each of your results. This assessment will take you about 20-30 minutes to complete.
$198 per couple for items 3b, 4, 5 above and 7 below.|
Note: This amount covers about four hours worth of work.
C. Meeting Alone with Each of You (Week 2)
- Individual Meetings. You will each schedule a private session with me. The primary purpose of this meeting is to understand your experience and perspective of the relationship without challenge from your partner. Your responses to the questionnaire, as well as information gleaned from the two assessment tools, will be used as the basis for this important one-on-one discussion. This session typically lasts 90 minutes.
Rate: $95 per hour
Phase Two: Change and Transformation
Building A Stronger, More Loving Relationship (Starting Week 3)
- Prior to the Second Joint Session. In advance of your second joint meeting, I spend a significant amount of time compiling all the data I have gathered from multiple sources: results from the Prepare/Enrich assessment, each of your responses to the conflict analysis tool, your individual questionnaires, and notes from each of your individual sessions (paragraphs 3b through 6 above). As a result, you are able to bypass weeks of information gathering sessions that, quite frankly, would not yield nearly as much insight about you and how the two of you interact as I now have. The process of repairing and rebuilding your relationship begins in the second joint session.
In preparation for the second joint session and each subsequent session, I develop a goal-oriented agenda specifically tailored around the two of you and your specific issues.
- Throughout the Proceedings each of you will be given the opportunity to tell your story. Differences in perspectives will be explored. To the greatest extent possible, barriers to communication will be removed and replaced by open and honest conversation. Various factors contributing to your conflict will be identified including emotional distress. Solutions that address core issues and enhance reconciliation will be pursued. Relationship building exercises will be assigned. The overarching goal throughout this process is to transform your stressed and conflicted marriage into a more secure, peaceful, and loving one.
- $95 per hour. Joint sessions are typically 1½ to 2 hours in length. They become shorter and less frequent as the relationship improves.
- The same rate applies for phone appointments, review of documents, writing/editing projects, and all other services.
- Brief phone calls of 5 minutes or less: No charge.
Payment is due at the time of service. Using the button below is also an option.