Dr. Newberger Helps SWFL Couples Reconnect!
Naples Fort Myers Cape Coral Bonita Springs Estero
Phase I: Testing the Waters
- Call me,
Dr. Ken Newberger, for a FREE phone consultation to briefly discuss your relationship. My phone number is 239-689-4266.
- Testing the Waters Session. During this initial meeting, I will ask each of you a series of foundational questions to learn more about you and your relationship, and to confirm that my area of expertise matches your needs. This session will also give you an opportunity to assess your comfort level with me.
- Prior to the meeting I will email you a copy of the ground rules to read. We will sign it at the beginning of the meeting. Please to type in your contact information in the pop-up box
- Meeting Length & Cost: The initial "Testing the Waters" session can run as long as 1 hour and 30 minutes. The cost is $150.
Phase II: In-Depth Analysis of Your Case
Improving your relationship starts with an accurate analysis of your reality. The three assessment tools I utilize give me a comprehensive and in-depth picture of your marriage. They pinpoint core issues that often go unidentified. As a result, you are able to begin improving your relationship in your very next couples session (see #7 below).
Conflict Analysis Tool. (a) Like an x-ray into your relationship this indespensible diagnostic instrument promptly reveals what would otherwise take weeks, if not months, to uncover. It peers into your relationship from multiple angles. For example, it looks at how strong (secure) or weak (insecure) your relational bond is. If it is weak, what does the pattern of disconnect look like? Understanding your internal dynamics identifies where to begin the repair. Note: After payment is made using the "Add to Cart" button below, you will be able to take this assessment. (b) After you submit your answers, I will read, analyze, and develop notes on each of your results.
- Prepare/Enrich Couple's Assessment. (a) For over 35 years, this assessment has been used by over 4 million couples (over 8 million people) for relationship improvement. I have been certified to administer this tool for much of this time. It will take you about 35-45 minutes to complete online. Click here after you receive your code. You will pay $35 directly to Life Innovations for the company to score your answers. (b) I will subsequently read, analyze, and develop notes on the results of your 25-page computer generated report.
- Confidential Questionnaire. (a) You will complete a 3-page questionnaire. You will be answering questions you will likely may have never been asked before. Your responses will allow me to gain deep insight with specific details regarding what is going on between the two of you. (b) After you send your answers back to me, I will read, analyze, and develop notes on what you each wrote.
$295 per couple. This is for my time spent on your behalf engaging in the behind-the-scenes activities described in Phase II paragraphs 3b, 4b, 5b, and 7. This one-time charge represents approximately 5 hours of analysis (approx. 2½ hours for each of you).
This price also includes up to 10 free hours in Phase III (see "Unique Feature" in #8 below).
- Individual Meetings. You will each schedule a private session with me. The purpose of this meeting is for me to further immerse myself into your perspective, and without challenge from your partner. The information you provided in the questionnaire, as well as the other two assessment tools, will serve as the basis for this one-on-one session
Length: 1½ to 2 hours. Cost: see rate below.
- Let's Get Started! Prior to your second couples meeting, I will spend hours pouring over and analyzing all the data I gathered from multiple sources: (i) results from the Prepare/Enrich Assessment, (ii) your answers in the Conflict Analysis Tool, (iii) your Individual Questionnaires, (iv) notes from your initial Testing the Wates session, as well as (v) notes from your individual sessions with me. I will then develop an integrated, goal-oriented agenda tailored to the two of you.
Efficient and Effective Process. The work to repair and rebuild your relationship begins in your second session as a couple. You are able to bypass weeks if not months of information gathering that would not yield nearly as much accurate data about the two of you as gathered by this method. Traditional approaches to marriage counseling simply do not zero in on your core issues as quickly and with as much insight as does this process. Hence, evaluations of your relationship offered in other settings may not only be unhelpful, but wrong, when they are based on an incomplete picture of your reality. That is far less likely to occur with my methodology.
Phase III: Rebuilding Your Relationship
- Throughout the Proceedings each of you will be given the opportunity to tell your story. Differences in perspectives will be explored. To the greatest extent possible, barriers to communication will be removed and replaced by open and honest conversation. Various factors contributing to your conflict, including the not so obvious ones, will be identified. Solutions that address core issues and enhance reconciliation will be pursued. Relationship building exercises will be assigned. Throughout this process the overarching goal, to transform your stressed and conflicted marriage into a more connected and peaceful one, is kept front and center.
Session Length and Rates and related info:
Unique Feature: Prior to every session, I will re-analyze your relationship and develop an updated agenda of your next steps based on the progress made thus far. This behind the scenes analysis takes me up to an hour for which there is no extra charge. In effect, you may receive three hours worth of work for a two hour session. This represents a big difference from conventional marriage counseling where sessions last 50 minutes. The marriage counselor then typically has 10 minutes to write down notes about the previous client, take a bathroom break, and review the chart for the who's next. This is not how I operate. My ongoing, behind-the-scene analysis of your relationship, as time consuming as it is, is an essential part of my work for you without additional cost to you.
Session Length: 1½ to 2 hours.
Prorated Session Rate I do not work with insurance companies.
$120 per hour (see further under
"Unique Feature" in above paragraph).
Overall Timeframe: Because each couple's relationship, history, and circumstance are different, the amount of time to complete Phase III will be different. That said, the majority of couples can anticipate completing this phase in 10 joint sessions or less. This assumes that each of you are open to change, are serious about making things better, and faithfully engage in the relationship building activities I assign between appointments.
Frequency of Meetings: The first three joint sessions in Phase III should be scheduled three weeks in a row. We want to build momentum. Thereafter, sessions may change to an every other week schedule. Either way, consistency is important.
Office Hours: I try to accommodate your work schedule. In addition to regular daytime hours I work evenings. I also work Saturdays as needed.
- A brief advisory phone call of less than 10 minutes between sessions is free.
Summary of Process
Dr. Newberger provides a modern, effective alternative to traditional marriage counseling / couples therapy still practiced by marriage counselors and couples therapists today. Dr. Newberger adopts a framework that studies show outperforms older approaches to working with couples. Dr. Newberger serves clients in Southwest Florida (SWFL), specifically in Lee County and Collier County. Most of his clients live in Naples FL, Cape Coral FL, Ft Myers (and Beach) FL, Bonita Springs FL, Estero FL, Sanibel Island FL, Marco Island FL, and Punta Gorda FL. If you're looking for a potent alternative to conventional marriage counseling/therapy, if you are seeking to rebuild your marriage, if you are seeking reconnecton and reconciliation, Dr. Newberger will help.