Dr. Newberger Helps Couples Reconnect!
Naples Fort Myers Bonita Springs Cape Coral Estero
PHASE I: DISCUSS
- Call me,
Dr. Ken Newberger, for a FREE phone consultation to briefly discuss your relationship. My phone number is 239-689-4266.
- Testing the Waters Joint Session. During this initial meeting, we will deepen our discussion. I will ask each of you a series of foundational questions to learn more about you and your relationship, and to confirm that my area of expertise matches your needs. This session will also give you an opportunity to assess your comfort level with me.
- Prior to the meeting I will email you a copy of the ground rules to read. We will sign it at the beginning of the meeting. Please to type in your contact information in the pop-up box
- Meeting Length & Cost: The initial "Testing the Waters" session can run up to 1 hour and 30 minutes and costs $150.
PHASE II: DISCLOSE
Improving your marriage starts with an accurate analysis of it. The three diagnostic tools I use map out a detailed understanding of you as a couple. They also SAVE you time and money by identifying, before your next joint session, aspects of your relationship that would otherwise take weeks if not months to uncover.
Conflict Analysis Tool. (a) Like an x-ray into your relationship this indispensable diagnostic instrument peers into your relationship from multiple angles. For example, it looks at how strong (secure) or weak (insecure) your relational bond is. If it is weak, what does the pattern of disconnect look like? Understanding your internal dynamics identifies where to begin the repair. Note: After payment is made using the "Add to Cart" button below, you will be transferred to this online assessment. (b) After you both submit your answers, I will read, analyze, and develop notes on each of your results.
- Prepare/Enrich Couple's Assessment. (a) For over 35 years, this assessment has been used by over 4 million couples (over 8 million people) for relationship improvement. I have been certified to administer this tool for almost 30 years. It will take each of you about 30-40 minutes to complete online. You will pay $35 directly to Life Innovations to score your answers. (b) I will subsequently read, analyze, and develop notes on the results of your 25-page computer generated report.
- Confidential Questionnaire. (a) You will each complete a 3-page questionnaire. You will be answering questions you may have never been asked before. Your responses will allow me to gain deep insight into the dynamics of your relationship. (b) After you send your answers back to me, I will read, analyze, and develop notes on what you each wrote.
$350. This one-time charge per couple represents 5 hours
of my "behind the scenes" work on your behalf. This involves reading and analyzing the array of information you will both provide me described in paragraphs 3b, 4b, 5b, & 7.
The amount also includes up to 10 Free hours
in the "Rebuild" phase of the process (see "Unique Feature" paragraph below).
- Individual Meetings. You will each schedule a private session with me. The purpose of this meeting is for me to further immerse myself into your perspective without challenge from your partner. The information you provided in the questionnaire, as well as the other two assessment tools, will serve as the basis for this one-on-one session
Length: 1½ to 2 hours. Cost: $125 per hour.
- Getting Ready. Prior to your second joint meeting, I will spend more hours pouring over all the data I gathered from multiple sources: (i) notes from your initial Testing the Wates session, (ii) results from the Prepare/Enrich Assessment, (iii) each of your Individual Questionnaires, (iv) each of your answers to the Conflict Analysis Tool, as well as (v) notes from each of your individual sessions with me. I will take this mass of data and painstakingly develop an integrated, goal-oriented agenda for the two of you.
Time-Saving & Trustworthy Process. The work to repair and rebuild your relationship begins in your second session as a couple. You are able to bypass weeks if not months of information gathering sessions that would not yield nearly as much accurate data about the two of you as gathered by this method. Traditional approaches to marriage counseling simply do not zero in on your core issues as quickly and with as much insight as does this process. Hence, evaluations of your relationship offered in other settings may not only be unhelpful but wrong when they are based on an incomplete picture of your reality. That is far less likely to occur with my methodology.
PHASE III: REBUILD
- Joint Sessions. Throughout the proceedings each of you will be given the opportunity to tell your story. Differences in perspectives will be explored. To the greatest extent possible, barriers to communication will be removed and replaced by open and honest conversation. Various factors contributing to your conflict, including the not so obvious ones, will be identified. Solutions that address core issues and enhance reconciliation will be pursued. Relationship building exercises will be assigned. Throughout this process the overarching goal, to rebuild your marriage, is kept front and center.
Session Length and Rates and related info:
Unique Feature: Prior to every session, I will re-analyze your relationship and develop an updated agenda of your next steps based on the progress made thus far. This behind-the-scenes analysis may take me up to an hour (or more) to complete for which there is no extra charge. In effect, you may receive three hours worth of work for a two hour session. This represents a big difference from conventional marriage counseling where sessions last 50 minutes. The marriage counselor then has 10 minutes to write down notes about the previous client, take a bathroom break, and review the chart for the next client. That is not how I operate. My thoughtful analysis of your relationship, as time consuming as it is, is an essential part of my work for you at no additional cost to you.
Session Length: 1½ to 2 hours.
Prorated Session Rate: $125 per hour. (See also "Unique Feature" in paragraph above). Note: I do not work with insurance companies.
How Long Will This Process Take? Because each couple's relationship, history, and circumstance are different, the amount of time to complete Phase III will be different. That said, the majority of couples can anticipate completing this phase in 10 joint sessions or less. This assumes that each of you are open to change, are serious about making things better, and faithfully engage in the relationship building activities I assign between appointments.
Frequency of Meetings: The first three joint sessions in Phase III should be scheduled three weeks in a row. We want to build momentum. Thereafter, sessions may change to an every other week schedule. Either way, consistency is important to avoid falling back into old patterns.
Individual Sessions. An individual session can be scheduled if needed to advance the process. That said, you can anticipate that the majority of our sessions will be joint.
Flexible Office Hours: I try to accommodate your work schedule. In addition to regular daytime hours I work evenings. I also work Saturdays as needed.
If An Emergency Arises. If an urgent situation arises and I am available to help, I will take your call even after regular business hours. A discussion of less than 10 minutes is free. If the call goes beyond this, you will be billed at the regular rate.
Summary of Process
Dr. Newberger provides a modern, effective alternative to traditional marriage counseling / couples therapy still practiced by marriage counselors and couples therapists today. Dr. Newberger adopts a framework that studies show outperforms older approaches to working with couples. Dr. Newberger serves clients in Southwest Florida (SWFL), specifically in Lee County and Collier County. Most of his clients live in Naples FL, Cape Coral FL, Ft Myers (and Beach) FL, Bonita Springs FL, Estero FL, Sanibel Island FL, Marco Island FL, and Punta Gorda FL. If you're looking for a potent alternative to conventional marriage counseling/therapy, if you are seeking to rebuild your marriage, if you are seeking reconnecton and reconciliation, Dr. Newberger will help.